Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cake, Cake, and More Cake!

This is my final cake from the Wilton fondant and gum paste class. I chose the design because I wanted Michelle (I am doing her wedding cake in Sept)an example of how we can incorporate the colors into the cake with the design that she wanted. I figured if I had to make a cake anyway, I might as well make one that served both purposes.It is a bit sloppy because I was trying to hurry, but it is at least a general idea. The flowers were originally three different colors, but the light pink ones(that will match the brides boquet), faded when they dried, and they looked the same as the white ones that have a pink sunburst in the center. This would represent the top tier of a three tiered cake if there was no cake topper.



2 comments:

julie said...

Jody, Its gorgeous! Once again, you make me go "AHHHH!" You are amazing!

Anne B. said...

Ditto to what Julie said!