Friday, November 11, 2011

Projects

So, we are always working on projects around here. I think we are kind of addicted to working on our house. I will post pictures of all of our upgrades sometime. These are a couple of our more recent building projects:

I don't know who builds a house without a coat closet, but for some reason, our house doesn't have one. Lame! This is one of the first things you see when you come in to our house, and it was a huge eyesore. Especially in the winter, when it gets overloaded with coats, hats, gloves and scarves. So we decided to build a coat cabinet. It has been so nice!

Before                                              After


I am also in the process of re-decorating our bedroom. Okay, so maybe I am decorating it for the first time since we have moved in. This is our new headboard.  It is the first step in the process, and I have a lot more to do. This one was a joint effort. Jace built the frame and attached everything together, and I did all of the upholstering and tufting. I think it turned out great. It has been finished for a couple months, but I haven't taken a picture because...my bed isn't usually made. Don't judge! Next on the roster is some small side tables. At some point, I will paint the walls (a slightly darker gray) hang pictures, art and some new curtains, and add some throw pillows in my accent color. It doesn't seem like a lot, but, let's face it...I have five kids. It's hard to get things done around here ;)


No comments: