Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 Decades Old!

Jace's birthday was yesterday. He is now 3 decades old! That sounds so much older than it is, doesn't it! It was a great day. I talked to His brother/boss ahead of time, and got him the day off. We had some lunch, shopped around to find his birthday present (he wanted a panini press). The crowthers came over to have cake with us, and then we got some yummy takeout! I also booked him a massage, but he decided to cancel it because we will be in Duchesne in two weeks, and he wanted to wait for a massage from my sister, Shanna. Those of you that have ever had one of her massages know why it would be worth the wait. Overall, it was just good to have some time together to hang out.

Here are a couple pictures of the birthday boy, and the cake I made for him. He asked me, What kind of cake are you making me? My response was, I am making a cake for YOU. Chocolate. Is there any other kind besides chocolate?" His response, "good point." Well, it was sloppy, and as we all know I suck at piping. This is why I have been doing it on family cakes. Practice makes perfect, right? At least it tasted delicious.




1 comment:

Anne B. said...

I love the cake! (just wish I could taste it too) Sounds like a fun day of memory making you had. Those are the best!