Friday, August 20, 2010

Kindergarten!

Our Riley had her first day of Kindergarten today! It is such a bittersweet day for me. Riley has been looking forward to this for a long time(especially since I homeschooled her for preschool). Just a few things I want to remember about today: Riley REALLY wanted a purple backpack, and was so excited when we found one! She woke up at about 6:30, and she was ready to go! I on the other hand have had mixed feelings about it. I just want to keep her home forever! I am just not ready for her to grow up. I just hope we have done enough, and given her the tools she will need to make good choices even though she will be surrounded with all kinds of different influences throughout her school years. She has been such a joy to have around, and we will miss her terribly while she is at school (sigh). Riley loves to learn, and I know she will be an excelent student. I think that her teacher is VERY lucky to have Riley in her classroom. She is a gem! Today is such a big day for her!


1 comment:

Hannah said...

OH! It is so hard to let them go. Feeling the same way. I bet she was so excited when she got home.