Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sewing Projects

I have been pretty busy with sewing projects this past week. I made some bags for some foster-children Christmas care packages that we put together for Activity Day Girls. Riley and Payton loved them so much that I made them each one with some spare fabric that I had. I also made more fleece scarfs for the packages. Last, but not least, I made the girls' Christmas dresses. I was having a hard time finding any that I loved that were in my price-range, so when I found this fabric on sale for $1.99 a yard, I decided that I would make them myself this year. Riley's is the green one, and Payton's is the Purple one. At some point I will get a picture of the girls actually wearing the dresses. They are cuter on a body that on a hanger.





4 comments:

Jen said...

Way cute dresses. I can't believe you decided to make them at this time of year. I can't even think about sewing projects right now. Do you use a pattern for your dresses or do you just make them up?

Jody and Jace Martin said...

I just made them from scratch, no pattern. I am actually not very good at following patterns. I think I am going to take a sewing class so I can learn the "right" way to sew.

Heather said...

Look at you all crafty! Cute dresses and I love the bags. That's been something I want to make, but haven't gotten around to it. I want to make one to take to church with Brennan's things in.

Hannah said...

You are so creative! I wish I new how to make dresses or something. I know how to sew quilts because of Laura but nothing fancy.